Hantavirus diseases are zoonotic infections and remain a clinical challenge with globally increasing incidence. Data of epidemiology of emerging hantaviruses, as well as of pathogen biology and critical course are scarce. Triggered by recent outbreak situations throughout Europe, the first worldwide hantavirus registry – HantaReg was launched in 2020 to overcome these difficulties and eventually improve patient care.
HantaReg includes a multi-disciplinary approach:
- Filling patient data anonymously and retrospectively into the electronic case report form.
- Description of the clinical disease patterns.
- Epidemiological surveys on incidence and outbreak situations of emerging hantaviruses.
- Statistical analysis based on HantaReg data only, or in cooperation with other registries.
Case Definition and Data Entry
You are cordially invited to participate and contribute patient cases of hantavirus diseases to HantaReg. For inclusion the following criteria must be met:
Serological or molecular evidence of hantaviruses with clinical course of nephropathia epidemica, hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome and/or hantavirus cardiopulmonary syndrome.
Serological or molecular evidence of hantaviruses without any clinical signs of nephropathia epidemica, hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome and/or hantavirus cardiopulmonary syndrome.
If you like to contribute to HantaReg by entering a case:
- Please email us your affiliation and your account to access the HantaReg questionnaire will be setup.
- Go to HantaReg data entry to access your case into the electronic case report form.